Thursday, April 15, 2010

Go Tigers!!!

So those of you who know me know I'm very not crafty, but I like to try. 2 years ago we took Marisa to her first Tiger's game so of course I had to make a mini Tigers shirt. So I printed off their logo, traced it on the shirt with a pen and puffy painted over it. Here was the finished result:


I know, not pretty right? But we had fun anyway and I was still pretty proud of myself.


We next week we are taking the girls to a Tiger's game when we are in So Cal so I thought to myself, self, you can do better. So I turned to my SUPER creative genious sister in law Mandi, and of course she had the perfect solution. Freezer paper!

I had never heard of this before, but you can easily make iron on stencils out of Reynolds freezer paper!  So I got my Cricut out, cut the fancy D which is the Detroit Tigers logo on the freezer paper...


Ironed it on the shirts, and I was supposed to use fabric paint but I was too impatient to wait until Hobby Lobby was open, so I used good old fashioned puffy paint...


Painted over the stencil...


and TA DA! A gazillion times better!


I was so dang proud of myself I have to say. For me, this was quite an achievement :)

Add some bows of course, and my girls are ready! GO TIGERS!!!


2 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I know you probably don't check your comments but soooooo cute! I love it!

Unknown said...

I think your Detroit Tigers look awesome! (and so cute too!) But my favorite are the toes. Love that!